Welcome to the New and Improved East London University Library
In April this year, the much anticipated ELU Library opened its doors!
The $50 million, 135,000-square-foot library is the university’s largest investment in any one campus structure to date. With cutting-edge, interactive features, the building is designed to embody his vision of a world-class university that trains in all disciplines. Students, faculty and staff can now enjoy these wonderful services:
- 24/5 Study Space
- An enormous computer lounge with 124 Windows PC and 54 Macs
- 26 group study room (reserve one now!)
- 3 practice presentation rooms
- 2 quiet lounges
- 5 classrooms
- 7 seminar and conference room
- 27 faculty and graduate student carrels
- 2 visiting scholar rooms
- 1 grand reading room
And of course, the library continues to offer the highest quality research materials and scholarly support materials and programs. Enjoy top-quality research support at the new Information Commons on the 2nd floor, and check out laptops, scientific calculators, video equipment, cameras, physical books, DVDs, and more at the Circulation Desk on the 1st floor. Alumni and other visitors – learn what services are available for your use.
Not sure where to find what you need in the new library? Chat live with library staff during the library’s regular hours, call the library, or ask any staff member in the library.
In addition to the library, this brand new, state-of the art building includes many wonderful student support services:
- Center for Advisement
- Center for Academic and Innovative Technologies
- Copy Services
- Disability Resource Center Student Room
- English Department
- Fellowship of Southern Writers Room
- Graduate Student Lounge
- The University’s Permanent Art Collection, maintained by the Art Department
- Walker Center for Teaching and Learning
- Writing and Communications Center
The blood sweat and years devoted to getting this new library built!